Sunday, March 4, 2012

Spring Fever

**Please visit me at my new blog, My Nearly Empty Nest, for more great ideas!** 



Don't know about everyone else around the country but here in Kentucky we've had a very mild winter.  The daffodils started blooming very early this year as did everyone's spring fever.  With days in the 70's and bright sunshine it's hard not to believe spring is here although there is a chance for snow later this week.

Like everyone else I've been itching to bring out the spring clothes, do some spring cleaning, and plant some flowers.  Since it is Kentucky and the weather can change in the blink of an eye flowers will have to wait...real ones that is...the fake ones can go up now.  Yeah!

As I was heading to run errands today I noticed a sign that Big Lots was having 20% off your entire order.  Needless to say my car made a slight detour.  There was lots of people buying mattresses, grills, and patio furniture but I wasn't in need of any big ticket items.  However I found these bunches of spring flowers and twigs for $4 each before discount.  I got several in order to do a spring and summer arrangement for the front door.  




Using the Southern Living basket I picked up at Goodwill for $2 and spray painted ORB a while back I began inserting the flowers.  And since Easter will be the next major holiday I added a few Easter egg picks also picked up at Big Lots for $1.50 before discount.  


 



Total cost for this update:  $14.00

4 bunches of flowers/twigs $3.20 each
1 bunch of Easter egg picks $1.20 

I plan on building on this arrangement a little each year until I can get the full look I really want.  Doing a little each year won't break the bank either. I've also got ideas swirling around in my head for how to make the gold/brassy fretwork in the glass disappear.  Hmmm, maybe this spring?


Happy Spring everyone!  


Featured at:
Linking up at:
I Heart Naptime's Sundae Scoop 
Nifty Thrifty Things' Nifty Thrifty Sunday
Get Out of My Head Please's Show It Off Mondays
Serendipity and Spice's Manic Mondays 
So Very Creative's So Creative Party Time 
Your Talking Too Much's Meet Me Monday Party
DIY Home Sweet Home's More the Merrier Monday 
Bacon Time with Hungry Hungry Hypo's Anything Goes 
Not Just a Housewife's Show Me What Ya Got 
Tatertots and Jello's Weekend Wrap Up Party 
Simply Designing's Simply Link Party 
The Grant Life's Financial Friday Party

9 comments:

  1. This is adorable! The eggs are such a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a sweet basket for Spring. Come share your talent at my weekly fri-monday linky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the yellow it makes it so bright and cheery such a cute arrangement! I am so ready for spring, but it is supposed to snow here today. Thanks for linking up at So Very Creative, I featured your Door Decor today.
    http://soverycreative.blogspot.com/2012/03/spring-door-decor.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I'm so ready for spring!! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting! Enjoyed the party!

      Delete
  5. Look at you linking up twice to the challenge! You get bonus points! This is an absolutely precious, springy arrangement. Can you send one my way? ;-) Thanks for joining in the fun again!

    Erin @ The Great Indoors

    ReplyDelete

This is a drama-free-zone and any comment that is malicious, spammy, or otherwise inappropriate will be deleted. Thanks!