The Oscar wasn't the only award being handed out this past weekend.
I got my first ever Blog Award!
I'd like to thank the Academy.....um...well...not exactly.....I'd really like to thank Melissa from Serendipity & Spice for awarding me the Versatile Blogger Award!
Melissa has a fantastic site full of great blogging tutorials like this one on creating a backlink and wonderful craft ideas like this one featuring a personalized wall plaque and so much more!
So, the rules for this award are:
1. Thank the person that nominated you with a link back to them (see above).
2. Tell 7 things about yourself (see below).
3. Pass this award on to 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know that they’ve received an award.
Let’s see…7 things about me….
1. I have so many ideas (craft, house, etc.) running through my head that sometimes I get too many projects only half started. Something I need to work on.
2. I am a 2nd degree brown belt in kung fu.
3. I went back to college to finish my degree in Management while being a single parent raising two small children.
4. I believe I'm the only one of my friends who has a high school senior that is not weepy eyed at the thought of graduation in less than two months. I was ready for graduation last August! I've raised my son to be the best he can be....now it's his turn. I'm excited to see where he goes!
5. There are 23 years between me and my brother. We are the only children.
6. I love the color green!
7. My nickname growing up was Penelope. Which I also named my first dog.
Now the hard part....who to share this award with? Hmmmm…..
1. Tracy with Tracy's Trinkets & Treasures - I just found her through a linky party and am drooling over all of her front door decor!
3. Tracy with Made in a Day has such fabulous ideas and unique ways to decorate...check out her mercury glass vase.
4. Jessa from Sparkle has a great site that is full of cute ideas.
5. Sky at Capital B is so crafty! I love her honesty and it's no wonder her wreath has been pinned so many times!
6. Helen at Picked and Painted is unbelievably talented! If you've not seen her before and afters of painted furniture you need to!!
7. Katie from Little Things Brings Smiles has some of the funniest stories to tell. In fact some may or may not have happened to me in one form or another!
8. Gail from Gail Made shares a great tip on using foam insulation to create wreath forms.
9. Stephanie at Full of Great Ideas is just that -full of great ideas! Love the monograms on marble.
10.Ray at First Home Makeover has come up with some really cute ideas and I LOVE her tagline!
11.Kristin at Our Washington Home gets this because I love following her bathroom updates.....guess you now know what I'll be working on this spring!
12.Shannon at Madigan Made has elegant and easy designs for the home along with some great recipes. Check out her twist on a typical wreath.
13. Robyn at The Pink Peony of Le Jardin is so creative (check out this slipcovered cedar chest!) and it doesn't hurt that she and I share a favorite flower!
14.Allyson at The MVP's of Mesa Town has such a cute family and really awesome ideas. I love her kitchen island!
15.Ellie at Vanilla Bean Girls is one of my favorites! I always look forward to what she has in store!
I hope everyone is as excited as I was to receive this award!
Go ahead and grab your button below! (Just copy the yellow highlighted text and insert into an html gadget).
<a href=" http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/" target="_blank"><img src="http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z421/WhiteLightsonWednesday/versatileblogger111.png" /></a>